“The four Houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each House has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding Hudson
Explorers. While you are at East Woods, your pennies, dollars, and checks will earn your House points, while any nickels, dimes, and quarters placed in your container by other students will lose House points. At the end of the week, the House with the most points is awarded the House Cup and exciting prizes, both great honors. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever House becomes yours.”
– Professor Wininger, Headmaster
SEPTEMBER 27 – OCTOBER 1
• Mrs. Wininger will use the Sorting Hat to sort third, fourth and fifth grade class teams into Houses.
• Each class will have a container near grade wings, labeled with that class team’s House, for collecting money
• Houses gain points by adding pennies, bills, checks made payable to Hudson PTO or Penniless option online to their own containers
• Houses can lower other House’s totals by adding silver coins (nickels, dimes, quarters) to other House’s containers
• Each cent is worth one point when adding or subtracting
• The class with the highest point totals at the end of the week will win the PRIZE: A special honor to be announced soon!
• The winning 3rd, 4th grade and 5th grade class teams will each get a special treat!
• All class teams that reach a total of $200 will win a bonus prize
Pennies +1 point
$1 dollar +100 points
$5 dollars +500 points
$10 dollars +1,000 points
$20 dollars +2,000 points
Checks/Online +1 point/cent
Nickels -5 points
Dimes -10 points
Quarters -25 point
If you bring in your coins already rolled, you will receive a +25 point bonus on pennies, and a -25 bonus penalty on nickels, dimes, and quarters! For example: An already-rolled roll of pennies will equal +75 points for your class (instead of +50), while an already-rolled roll of quarters will equal a -1,025 point penalty for another class (instead of a -1,000 point penalty).
Your participation supports programs benefiting all East Woods students, including COSI on Wheels, Right to Read Week, field trips, and Bon Voyage. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Questions? Please contact Becca Gates