All students in grades 5-12 are invited to paint the windows of Hudson on Saturday, Oct. 21, and Sunday, Oct. 22 from 8am-2pm!
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Sunday, September 25, 2023, at 11:59 pm
Grades 5-8: Will work in teams of two. No groups of three will be accepted.
Grades 9-12: May work with a partner or as a solo artist. One window per team or student.
Registration costs $28 per team or solo artist. Teams only register and pay once.
1. Register Online – Only ONE (1) parent/student registers and submits the $28 fee online. Teams do not register twice. IMPORTANT: Prior to registering a team, prepare & ensure you have the following information for your child’s teammate: first/last name, T-shirt size, grade, their parent/guardian first/last name, phone, and email.
Information must be entered correctly to receive window assignment and communications. Data entry is very important and needs to be accurate.
2. Submit Artwork: Between Sept. 18 to Sept. 25
• Artist(s) submit artwork to their school – High School Main Office, Middle School Resource Center, East Woods Intermediate Art Teacher.
• Artwork shall be submitted in full color on 8 1⁄2 x 11 unlined white paper in a portrait format. Important: Include Name(s), grade(s), email(s), and phone number of artists on back. Please write very neatly as we need to be able to read it. Please highlight the name of the registered student for window placement purposes.
• Artwork must be family friendly Halloween/Autumn designs. Inappropriate artwork will not be accepted. You do not need to be a talented artist to participate, as we love to have a variety of art on display but please do your best work. Digital photos and very messy/rushed artwork will be returned. The business owners are very kind to allow us to use their windows and we want them to look amazing. Students can begin their artwork prior to registration.
BOTH steps must be completed by Sept. 25 for a window assignment.
- This event falls on a long weekend.
- Event date is determined by Merchants Trick-or-Treat on Oct. 26.
- Painting will take place on Saturday and Sunday, no exceptions.
- Due to the high demand, limited windows, and the window assignment process, placing siblings together is not an option this year.
- Payment is online only.
Window Assignments and detailed painting instructions will be communicated via email on Oct. 19. View the painting instructions in advance here. One parent/chaperone must be present during the entire event.
There are 300 windows available. Once this limit is reached, registration will close. Additional requests will be placed on a wait list and if possible, accommodated in order in which they were received.
Email questions to Susan Dukes